A fly that won't bug you!
This brass fly shaped ashtray has pivoting wings - just lift the wings up and you reveal a hidden compartment with two holders for cigarettes. Of course, you don't have to smoke to enjoy this piece! Use it in an entryway to hold your house keys. Place it on your desk to hold paper clips and other small supplies. Display it on a shelf in a curio cabinet or on an end table - it's sure to be a conversation piece!
This brass fly is in very good vintage condition. The brass has an aged patina, giving it character. The fly wings open and close with ease, and the pin hinges are strong and secure. The inside of the fly has an aged patina, as shown. There is no residue of ashes or a smoke smell. The inside of the wings is stamped "Italy". Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition, and scroll down for a 360-View.
- 1 Brass Fly Ashtray with Pivoting Wings (as shown)
- Product Material: Brass
- Product Color: Brass, Dark Brass
- Product Dimensions: 8" long x 5" wide x 2-1/2" tall
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love unique and clever vintage items that become conversation pieces in our home decor - this brass fly does that! Set this baby on a coffee table or on a book shelf and you have an instant conversation piece.
There are many ways you could use this fly ashtray! Here are some ideas:
- Tiny Trinket Holder - Use this fly ashtray to hold your tiny trinkets, such as earrings, rings, or buttons. It will look really cool displayed on a bathroom vanity!
- Mint Holder - Place the fly on your office desk and use it to hold small breath mints. You'll always be fresh and ready for every meeting!
- Supply Holder - Use the fly in your shop, studio or even in a sewing room to hold small supplies. Things like pins, paper clips, or even postage stamps!
- Match Holder - Use the fly on your deck or patio to hold matches to light candles at your next outdoor party.
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.