The sports car of typewriters - in turquoise! A Smith Cornona Karmann Ghia super G portable typewriter!
The sleek shape, bright turquoise color, black racing stripes on the top and rubber treads on the bottom are fashioned after the Karmann Ghia sport cars of the 1970s. Just lift the hood and you're ready to start typing.
This typewriter features a pull-out handle for easy carrying. There are rubber stripes on the bottom of the typewriter to keep it in place when typing. The cover includes black racing stripes for added flair, as well as an emblem that shows this typewriter was Designed by Ghia. Classy!
Add this sporty typewriter to your home office for a great retro look. Use the typewriter for your creative crafts, or for typing letters to your true love.
We have other vintage and antique typewriters available in our shop - choose your favorites.
This Smith Corona Super G typewriter is in very good vintage condition. The typewriter is in working condition, all keys function as they should. The original ribbon is included, and still works. The typewriter is very clean on the inside and out. There are a few small areas where there are smudges or wear on the cover, as shown. The typewriter has been very well protected by the cover - there are no scratches or marks on the typewriter. The "Designed by Ghia" emblem is in very good condition and is still firmly attached to the cover. The rubber strips on the bottom of the typewriter are in excellent condition. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Smith Corona Karmann Ghia Super G Portable Typewriter (as shown)
- Product Material: Plastic, Metal
- Product Color: Turquoise and Black
- Product Dimensions: 12-1/2" wide x 14" long x 4" tall (when in the case)
WHY WE LOVE IT
This typewriter is the sports car of typewriters! We love the bright turquoise colors, the Karmann Ghia emblem, and the funky racing stripes!
It looks sleek, sporty, and sexy just standing still on a table. And as a decor item, it's a great conversation starter!
There are lots of fun ways you could use this typewriter!
Here are some ideas:
- Scrapbooks, Journals, and Paper Projects - There is nothing more retro than typing captions for scrapbooks, journals, and other projects on a typewriter. Make your pieces unique by adding typed text!
- Guest Book - Having a party? Insert a clean sheet of paper and set the typewriter on a desk or table and encourage your guests to type a little note, along with their names. Keep the typed document as a memento of your party. Fun to use at weddings, too!
- Write Your Memoirs - Like a fine Italian sports car, this thing was meant to be driven! It is so slick and fun to use, there's no way you'll let it just sit there gathering dust. Use it to write your memoirs, notes to your kids or family members, and invitations. Even your to-do list will look cool!
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Click the Ask a Question button, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.