Add this Remington Rand Portable typewriter from the 1920s to your collection!
This unique typewriter raises the typebar into a printing position by a lever on the right side of the typewriter.
Add this typewriter to your home office as an outstanding conversation piece. The typewriter does work, so it can also be used for your creative crafts, or for typing letters to your true love.
We have other vintage and antique typewriters available in our shop - choose your favorites.
This Remington Rand Portable typewriter is in very good vintage condition. The typewriter is in working condition, all keys function as they should. Some of the key labels under the glass are slightly skewed, as shown. The keys themselves are not bent (just the labels under the glass). The black ribbon on the typewriter does work lightly (replacement ribbons are still available). This typewriter is capable of printing in black or red ink, with a two-colored ribbon. The ribbon guide on the left side is missing, as shown, but this doesn't seem to affect the usability of the typewriter. The typewriter is clean, both inside and out. The case has wear, as to be expected from something of this age, but it still strong and secure and holds the typewriter in place with it's strong latches. The leather handle on the case has come loose on one side, as shown. The typewriter has been very well protected by the cover - there minimal wear marks. The original sticker on the top is in very good condition, as shown. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Remington Rand Portable Typewriter in Original Case (as shown)
- Product Material: Metal, Wood, Faux Leather
- Product Color: Glossy Black
- Product Dimensions: 13" x 12" x 5" (when in the case)
WHY WE LOVE IT
This typewriter has class! Not only is the typewriter handsome, it's really fun to type on.
We love the glass keys and how they contrast with the black glossy body of the typewriter - very stylish.
There are lots of fun ways you could use this typewriter!
Here are some ideas:
- Craft Embellishments - Use the typewriter to type out poems, quotes, sayings, or names and dates and use those typed cards to embellish scrapbooks, journals, or diaries. A unique look for any memory book.
- Party Notes - Set the typewriter on a counter or table during a party and let your guests type notes of thanks to you. This works very well at weddings - let your guests type their wishes for your wedded future!
- Typed Documents - Use the typewriter to type your next novel - definitely a novel way to create a manuscript!
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.