Add this vintage French illustrated dictionary from 1919 to your library - a great collectible piece!
This book is not just another dictionary! It includes 1664 pages of dictionary entries, black and white and full-color illustrations, maps, and geography information! With 5,800 illustrations, and more diagrams and tables, and full colored graphic pages and maps - this book is an adventure!
The engravings and illustrations are full of detail. Each letter of the alphabet starts with a very ornate page, like the one shown in the fourth photo above. There are illustrations, either small or large on every page.
Of course this book would be perfect for a home library, but you could also incorporate the pages into your art. Scan the pages and turn them into digital files to use in your art. Make copies of the pages and use the copies as gift wrap for small gifts. So many possibilities!
This French dictionary is in very good vintage condition, especially since it is 97 years old. The spine is tight, and all the pages are firmly attached. There are no missing pages. The pages have an aged color and the paper is somewhat brittle. A few of the pages have slight tears on them, but only a few. There are also a few pages with folded corners, as shown. There is no writing on the pages. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Nouveau Petit Larousse Illustre French Illustrated Dictionary (as shown)
- Book Type: Hardcover
- Book Color: Green hardback
- Book Dimensions: 5-1/4" x 7-3/4" x 2-3/4" thick
- Number of Pages: 1664+ pages, with illustrations and maps and book insert pages (purple pages)
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love the aged coloring of the pages - so much character! The illustrations in the book are fabulous and fun to look at. We especially love the illustrated large letters throughout the dictionary.
In addition to being a fun collectible book, there are also lots of creative ways to use this book for art projects and more - we love that!
There are lots of fun ways you could use this dictionary!
Here are some ideas:
- Unique Gift Wrap - Photocopy or scan your favorite pages from the book, then print enlarged copies of the page to make unique gift wrap. To make the gift wrap even more special, find a page that corresponds to the gift you are giving. For example, if you are giving a bar of handmade soap, use the dictionary page with the soap definition. Fun and unexpected!
- Home Decor Prints - Photocopy or scan the illustrated pages in the dictionary, then print them and frame them for your home decor. Would make a nice addition to a craft room or office!
- Altered Pages - While you could, of course, alter the pages of this book by drawing or painting directly on the original pages, you could also photocopy or scan a page, print it, and then use the copy as the basis for your altered art project.
- Envelopes - Using copies of the pages, turn them into custom made envelopes and mail your friends a letter!
- Alphabet Garland - Each letter of the alphabet in the dictionary starts with a very illustrated letter. Print copies of these pages and turn the copies into a handmade garland. Just trim the page to the shape you want, punch holes at the top, and string the pages onto a length of bakers twine. Use the garland as wall or window decor in a child's bedroom or playroom. The alphabet garland would also look great in a shop, studio, or home office.
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the buttons below to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
Share this Product
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.