Antique Metal Register Receipt Holder with Numbered Clips from #251 to #270.
Your creative juices will run wild thinking of ideas for this black metal, double-sided receipt holder!
Slip your favorite photos into the holder and you have a unique photo display! Use the holder for your to-do-lists, or turn it into your inspiration board. Just put your notes behind the numbered spring clips and you have a great display piece!
This receipt holder is double-sided and each side has 10 slots that were used to hold customer receipts at General Stores across America in the 1920s. Each spring clip is numbered - 251-260 on one side, and 261-270 on the other side.
This board could be hung on a wall, either using wire in the loops at the top of the board, or by drilling small holes in the top of the board, or by using a velcro adhesive hook for the board and your wall.
This receipt holder is in very good vintage condition. The metal is in very good condition. The metal on one side of the board has more surface wear than the other side, as shown. There are no dents or dings in the metal. The spring clips are all securely attached and are strong, and all the number tags are intact, as shown. One of the spring clips (number 255) must have held quite a few receipts back in the day, as it is slightly stretched out and doesn't lay flat. The wire could be bent to get this spring clip to lay flat again. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Industrial Black Metal Receipt Holder with numbered clips #251-270 (as shown)
- Product Material: Metal
- Product Color: Black, White, Silver
- Product Dimensions: 20" wide x 13-5/8" tall, clips are 5-1/4" long
WHY WE LOVE IT
One of the first things we love about this receipt holder is that it is from a general store in the 1920s. Saving a piece of history like this is cool!
We also really love the number tags on each of the clips. Just imagine, each customer had their own "account number" and their general store receipts were stored under the clip.
We also love the color and versatility of this item! There are so many fun uses for it!
Use this receipt holder for mail, to do lists, notes, photos, inspiration ideas and more. Just think of all the creative possibilities!
Here are some ideas:
- Mail Holder - When hung in an entry way or home office, you can use this board to hold your incoming and outgoing mail, and bills that need to be paid.
- Inspiration Board - Hang the holder in your studio, shop, or office and use it to hold your design ideas, clippings of travel ads for places you want to visit, poems or quotes that inspire you, or goals you hope to achieve.
- Chore Board - Hang the receipt holder on a wall in your kitchen and clip slips describing all the household chores to the board. When your kids or family completes a chore, have them move that slip to the DONE clip. What a fun way to keep track of what needs to be done at home.
We're sure you'll find lots more uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Click the Ask a Question button, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.