Add this hard-to-find collectible "The Alphabet Children" book from 1884 to your collection!
"Open the gates as high as the sky, The Alphabet Children are passing by"...
This large hardcover book is filled with beautiful illustrations and poems for each letter of the alphabet. The pages are single-sided and a very thick paper. It was created by C.H. and W.G. and published in New York in 1884 by White, Stokes, and Allen.
"D is for Dover, a darling big dog,
And a sociable one, as you can see,
He visits our Clover each fine afternoon,
And she's taught hum to drink her hot tea."
This book makes a perfect addition to a home library collection!
Of course, you could carefully take the book apart and then frame each page - fun for a child's bedroom or playroom - we'll leave that up to you.
This hardcover illustrated book is in very good vintage condition - especially since it is 132 years old. The hardcover has edge wear, as shown. The binding is intact and the pages are still attached to the book The pages are all single-sided and printed on a very thick paper (almost a chipboard feel). The first inside page has an inscription written on it "James Frederick Brudler from Aunt Debbie, Christmas 1885". There is a small tear at the binding on one of the pages, as show. There is no writing on the pages, and they are in good condition, as shown. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 "The Alphabet Children" Book (as shown)
- Book Type: Hardcover
- Number of Pages: 28 pages, illustrated in color
- Book Dimensions: 11-1/2" x 13"
- Publisher: White, Stokes and Allen, New York, 1884
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love everything about this book, especially that is was published in 1884 - 132 years ago! It's hard to find books from that era - especially children's books - so that makes this book extra special.
We love the large size of this book, and of course the illustrations are fabulous!
There are many ways you could use this antique book!
Here are some ideas:
- Wrapping Paper - Carefully scan the pages of this book so you have digital copies. Enlarge the copies and print them on 11" x 17" paper and use that paper as gift wrap for special gifts.
- Wall Decor - Make copies of the pages, then frame the copies and hang them on the wall in a child's bedroom or nursery - a very unique look.
- Gift Cards and Tags - Use scanned digital images of the pages, then reduce them in size before printing. Use the smaller sizes for gift tags and cards. One of a kind!
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the buttons below to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.