A great conversation starter!
This original Ouija board is from the late 1930s to early 1940s, prior to being sold to Parker Brothers (which happened in 1966). The Ouija board is a paper print over a hardboard base, which was the preferred method of manufacture from 1938 to 1950s.
From the back of the box: "Weird and mysterious. Surpasses, in its unique results, mind reading, clairvoyance and second sight. It furnishes never failing amusement and recreation for the entire family. As explainable as Hindu magic - more intense and absorbingly interesting than a mystery story."
At the time of this listing, we have more vintage Ouija boards available - choose your favorite!
This original Ouija board is in very good vintage condition. The box is in fair to good condition, it shows quite a bit of wear, as shown. One end flap has separated from the box, as have the two flaps that hold the end flaps in place. There is also a rip in the box, as shown. The Ouija board itself is in very good condition, with little to no scuff marks. The back of the board is very clean with just minor scuff marks. The planchette is in very good condition, including the felt feet on the bottom and the original pin, as shown. The box is marked patent "D Pat. No. 114,534" which was awarded to William Fuld in 1939. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Original Ouija Board by William Fuld (as shown)
- Product Dimensions: box is 18" long x 12" wide
- Product Color: Black, Blue, Brown, Beige
- Product Material: Hardwood Board, Plastic Planchette
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love that Ouija boards from this era are hard to find, making them more of a collectors item.
We also love things that are old, odd, and unusual - this Ouija board is certainly all those things!
While this board might be fun to use for it's intended purposed, there are other uses, too!
Here are some ideas:
- Party Tray - Have a piece of glass cut to fit on top of this board at your local home improvement store, then place glass on top of board and use it as a party tray for cheese, meats, and crackers. It's sure to be a conversation starter! If you don't want to have glass cut to fit, you could also wrap the board in clear cling wrap to protect it - makes cleaning up a breeze!
- Lap Desk - Use the board on your lap as a lap desk. Perfect for writing letters to friends while you watch television snuggled on the couch.
- Wall Decor - Frame the board in a vintage frame and hang it on the wall! Fun for a game room, family room, or home bar.
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.