Here's a blast from the past... the American Model Builder, No. 3 set from the 1910s!
Imagine all the boys that have played with set, dreaming of someday building bridges, vehicles, and machines! So many possibilities for a child's imagination!
There were a total of 15 different "The American Model Builder" sets from 1912 through 1915. Each set is numbered, and contains a different set of components to build with. If a child had all 15 sets, he had quite a large collection of erector set like pieces to build with. The manual included with this set includes instructions for many different builds, and lists the pieces needed from each set for the more advanced models.
Add this building set to your antique toy collection, or display it in a family room or game room. The lithograph on the black box really stands out, and is a conversation piece all of its own!
This antique building set is in very good vintage condition. The lithograph on the box is in very good condition with only a little bit of paper loss, as shown. The cardboard box is in good condition, the corners have been taped, as shown, and there is a tear in one of the corners, also as shown. The manual is complete and is free of rips and tears, and there is no writing in the manual. The manual was probably damp at one time, as it is slightly stained. The metal pieces in this set appear to be in very good condition, some have minor surface rust. We have no way of knowing if any of the metal pieces are missing - the kit appears to be complete. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 The American Model Builder Set No. 3 with Manual and Original Box (as shown)
- Product Material: Cardstock, Paper, Metal
- Product Colors: Black, Light Green, Red box, Silvertone metal
- Product Dimensions: box is 13-1/2" x 11-1/2" x 1-1/2"
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love the graphics on this box! Toys and games of today just don't have this same kind of illustration, and we like that.
We also love the possibilities for using the pieces in this set - whether to actually build the models shown in the book or to make your own thing. Definitely an open-ended item!
There are many ways you could use this kit! Here are some ideas:
- Game Room Decor - Keep the box together and display it on a shelf in a family game room. The graphics are sure to be a conversation piece.
- Supply Parts - Just think of all the things you could put together with the pieces in this box! You could make photo holders for your favorite photographs. Put together card holders for parties or weddings. Make steampunk contraptions to display in your curio cabinets. The possibilities are endless!
- Unique Gift Wrap - Make copies of the pages in the book and use those copies as unique gift wrap for special gifts. You can enlarge the copies as needed for larger gifts.
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.