Industrial style from the 1940s...
Add this Koldair open cage fan to your collection, or use it in your home, office, loft, or cabin - it's sure to be a great conversation piece, and it will help keep you cool on those hot Summer days and nights!
This fan was made by Knapp-Monarch from St. Louis Missouri in the 1940s. This fan has one speed - just plug it in, and it turns on. The fan tilt can be adjusted by a wingnut on the fan base.
We have more vintage and antique fans available in our shop - choose your favorites!
This Koldair fan is in very good vintage condition. The fan base is made of cast iron and is strong and secure. There are no cracks or breaks in the metal. The fan has light normal wear, as shown, and has an aged patina. The fan cage is in very good condition, as shown. The blades are strong and secure, with slight surface rust in a few areas. The cord is in good working condition, though you may wish to replace a cord of this age for safety reasons. The wingnut on the back of the fan allows you to set the tilt of the fan. The motor is very clean and well taken care of. This is a powerful fan and it runs very quiet. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Koldair Open Cage Fan (as shown)
- Product Material: Metal, Cast Iron, Aluminum
- Product Color: Very Dark Brown, Black, Silver
- Product Dimensions: 9"" diameter fan cage; fan is 12" tall overall
WHY WE LOVE IT
We love the industrial look of this vintage fan, and the name is pretty cool, too!
We love that this fan is solid - quality built to last. And it has, for over 70 years! This fan runs quietly and moves a lot of air around.
The metal cage has an art deco look, and with those big chunky fan blades inside the cage - well, you have a great over-all look.
Not only will this fan keep you cool, it will make you look cool, too!
Make sure to click that "Creative Uses" tab up there to see some clever and creative uses for this fan.
Sure, it's a fan. And it does what a fan does. But there are other cool ways you can use this fan, too! Here are some ideas:
- To-Do List Holder - Set this fan on your office desk, then use paper clips or office clips on the cage to hold your to-do list notes for the day. Of course, you could also attach photos of your kids to the cage, too - makes a unique display when the fan is not in use.
- Unique Gift - This fan would make a great gift for someone special in your life. Attach a tag that reads "I'm your biggest fan", or "You're a Cool [Guy/Gal]", or "You're My Breath of Fresh Air" - you get the idea. This will definitely be a gift they remember!
- Industrial Bookend - Use the fan on a bookshelf as a bookend. The dark color is sure to stand out among your books and will give your shelf a bit of industrial flair.
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.