537 metal Unitype sign letters... just waiting for their next adventure!
This set of metal sign letters from the 1950s are still in the original storage box. The sign letters have a lip on the back and were often used for church signs and other advertising signs. There are two sizes of letters in this set: 2-1/2" tall and 3-1/4" tall.
Use the letters as display pieces on a shelf or on a bulletin board. Use the letters to create your own unique garland or banner - great for wedding decorations, too. Turn the letters into gift tags or gift wrap embellishments. The letters are ready to hang from a length of baker's twine or cording to create a fun garland. Place the letters on a party table, or use them in your art projects, or to make your own custom signs. Great for Wedding Table Letters, too!
The metal letters in this set are in good vintage condition. The condition of each letter varies - some are in excellent condition with no rust or discoloration, while others have slight rust, discoloration, or both, and others have much more rust or discoloration. For the letters that are discolored or show rust, we have found that an industrial cleaner works very well on the letters to brighten and polish them (if desired - of course, the distressed letters look great just like they are, too). The metal is very strong with no dents, or major flaws. The original box is in very good condition. There is wear to the paint on the box, as shown, but the box is strong and sturdy. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 set of Unitype Metal Sign Letters in Original Wood Box - 537 letters total, as follows:
2-1/2" tall letters: A-8, B-11, C-7, D-6, E-13, F-10, G-7, H-7, I-8, J-6, K-15, L-3, M-7, N-10, O-8, P-8, Q-7, R-14, S-8, T-11, U-7, V-7, W-4, X-4, Y-3, Z-4
2-1/2" tall numbers and symbols: ? 4, & 3, $ 4, cents 6, 1 10, 2 10, 3 7, 4 5, 5 8, 6 4, 7 4, 8 4, 9 5, 0 2, quotes 10, period 4, comma 4, hyphen 4, apostrophe 4, thick dash 2, % 1
3-1/4" tall letters: A-10, B-6, C-7, D-8, E-12, F-6, G-6, H-6, I-10, J-1, K-6, L-3, M-3, N-7, O-7, P-6, Q-4, R-3, S-3, T-3, U-9, V-6, W-5, X-5, Y-1, Z-3
3-1/4" tall numbers and symbols: 1-3, 2-5, 3-5, 4-3, 5-4, 6-4, 7-5, 8-5, 9-5, 0-2, ?-3, &-3, $-2, cents-2, !-2, period-5, comma-5, quotes-10, hands-4, semi-colon-1, hyphen-1, apostrophe-1, =-1
- Product Material: Metal, Wood
- Product Color: Black and White Metal, Dark Brown Wood
- Product Sizes: wood box is 19" long x 9-1/2" wide x 4"deep, letters are 2-1/2" tall x 1-1/2" wide, and 3-1/4" tall x 2" wide
WHY WE LOVE IT
Vintage. Metal. Signage. Typography. What's not to love???
We love everything about this set! Really. Everything. The original wood box is cool, the metal letters inside the box are cool. Black and white, awesome!
This set had been used time and time again for signs in the past, and then each letter put carefully back into their slots until the next sign was created. We love that!
This set has unlimited uses - and we love that, too!
Make sure to check out the Creative Uses tag to see our ideas on how to use this set.
There are lots of fun ways you can use this vintage signage set! Here are some ideas:
- Fun Garland - Hang a length of bakers twine across a mantle, window, or doorway, then choose the letters you need from this set to spell the words you want for a fun garland. "Welcome" would be perfect for an entry way. "Happy Birthday" would be awesome for someone's birthday party. "Merry Christmas" would look great across a mantle during the holidays. You get the idea! Make your own garland, and make it unique!
- Journals and Scrapbooks - Pick and choose the letters you need from this set to include in your journal or scrapbook. The letters will enhance any page you place them on.
- Gift Tags - Use the letters from the set to create gift tags for special gifts - so many possibilities!
- Menus - The letters in this set make fun menus for parties. Hang the letters from twine or ribbon to create your menu signs.
- Altered Art - Use the letters in this set to create your unique pieces of altered art. With 537 letters, you can create a lot of art! Turn around and sell your pieces, and make a nice and tidy profit for your efforts.
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.