This heavy duty lab stand definitely commands attention!
This lab stand features a large and VERY heavy cast iron base. There are two clamps and a ring clamp to hold an Erlenmeyer Flask and a large test tube. The clamps can be adjusted to whatever height you would like.
This lab stand also makes a unique flower vase for your favorite fresh cut flowers! Perfect as a prop for a Halloween Party or Mad Science Party display - creepy cool!
So many fun uses!
We have more vintage lab stands available in our shop - choose your favorites!
This cast iron stand is in very good vintage condition. The base is very heavy-duty and is strong and secure with an aged and chippy patina, as shown. The metal rod is straight and has an aged and rusty patina. The metal clamps are strong and secure and the knobs turn with ease. The Erlenmeyer flask and glass test tube are new, old-stock. The flask has some dust in it, but the test tube has been sealed in its original container and is safe for beverages). Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Large Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Lab Stand
- 2 Metal Clamps and Holders
- 1 Large Metal Ring Clamp
- 1 500ml Erlenmeyer Flask
- 1 large Glass Test Tube
- Product Material: Metal, Iron, Glass
- Product Colors: Black Cast Iron, Clear Glass
- Product Dimensions: 13" x 7" cast iron base x 24-1/2" tall, clamps are adjustable; Erlenmeyer flask is 500ml and is about 7" tall, glass test tube is 6" tall with a 1" opening
WHY WE LOVE IT
The base is awesome! We love the chippy, rusty, aged patina of this very heavy base! It has natural character, aged to perfection in an old science lab. It doesn't get much better than that!
Sure, this lab stand will work for your home laboratory, conconcting cool inventions. But there are other fun uses, too!
Here are some ideas for using the lab stand:
- Floral Vase - Fill the flask and test tube with water and add your favorite fresh cut flowers or greens. Set the stand on your center island or table for a unique centerpiece.
- Home Bar Beverage Holder - Pretend you're a mad scientist and fill the flask and test tube with your favorite liquor. Then when it's time to mix drinks, just pour shots out of the flask.
- Mad Science or Halloween Decor - Fill the flask and test tube with water and add dry ice for a foggy effect. You could also add colored water - think murky green - to the flask and pretend it's the potion of life at a mad science or Halloween party!
We're sure you'll find lots of uses for this!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the buttons below to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
Share this Product
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.