Add this Art Deco L. C. Smith Secretarial 8-11 Typewriter to your collection, or use it to write your next novel!
This L. S Smith Secretarial 8-11 Typewriter was manufactured in 1934. It features geometric designs with straight corners, and concealed sides to keep the noise in and the dust out. Advertised as a Walnut Green, this typewriter is model number 8 with an 11" long platen. The serial number is 1100429G 11.
Here is a link to the original manual for this typewriter - Typewriter Manual
We have other vintage and antique typewriters available in our shop - choose your favorites.
This L C Smith Secretarial Typewriter is in extremely good, near mint vintage condition. The typewriter does work, and all keys function as they should. The ribbon in the typewriter still works (though is faint). The typewriter shows very little wear. The printing on the back of the typewriter is still legible, but some of it has rubbed areas, as shown. The keys are all firmly attached and are in very good condition. "S-2-8B" is embossed inside the typewriter frame on the bottom. While this typewriter was briefly tested and appears to be functional, we are not typewriter experts and are selling this typewriter as is. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 L C Smith Secretarial 8 - 11 Typewriter (as shown)
- Product Material: Metal, Fabric
- Product Color: Walnut Green / Army Green Metal, Black Keys, Gold Accents
- Product Dimensions: 15-1/2" wide x 10-1/2" tall
WHY WE LOVE IT
This unique typewriter has character! It's stately look would fit into any room decor.
We love the unique, hard-to-find color and the gold lettering on the typewriter.
The keys look like jewels and give the typewriter it's great look.
There are many ways you could use this typewriter!
Here are some ideas:
- Office Decor - Set the typewriter on your desk or on a shelf in your office where it is sure to be a conversation piece.
- Typing Cards and Notes - Use the typewriter to type poems, quotes, and sayings onto cards or notes. Send the notes to friends or use them to embellish scrapbooks, diaries, or journals. Nothing quite like a real hand-typed note!
- Guest Book - Use the typewriter as a "guest book" at a party or wedding. Just add paper and have your guests write their best wishes to you. Perfect for graduation parties, too.
We're sure you'll find lots of uses!
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the buttons below to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
Share this Product
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question About This Item?
Be the first to ask a question about this item. For immediate assistance, please use the Live Chat button at the bottom of the screen.