Add a pop of color to your art studio or curio cabinet with this set of Poster Colors paint jars!
This set was made by Milton Bradley and contains 11 glass jars of brightly colored poster paints. The paints have all dried within the jars, but the jars themselves make a perfect display piece.
Display this set of paint jars in a window in your art studio, or on a shelf in your craft room. They would make a fun display on a shelf in a child's bedroom, too. The typography on the labels and on the bright orange box make this set even more fun to look at.
Incorporate the jars into your altered art or assemblage projects for a unique look. You could even remove the dried paint and use the glass jars as small vases in your home or office. So many possibilities!
This poster colors paint set is in good vintage condition. The box is in very good shape for its age, with only minor wear, as shown. There are no breaks or cracks in the glass jars, and each jar has the original label in place. The paint inside the jars has dried out and is no longer usable as paint. Please use the ZOOM tool to get a close up view of this item and its condition.
- 1 Poster Colors Paint Set in Original Box by Milton Bradley (as shown)
- Product Material: Heavy coated cardstock, glass, metal, paint
- Product Color: Box and jar labels are Orange and Black,
- Product Dimensions: box is 6" x 4-1/2" x 2-1/4; jars are 2-1/8" tall x 1-1/2" diameter
WHY WE LOVE IT
Even though the paint in the jars is long gone, the jars themselves look so cool - we love that! The retro graphics on the labels and the bright colors of dried paint inside the jars make them so bright and colorful - fun to look at.
There are lots of fun ways you could use this set of paint jars! Here are some ideas:
- Curio Cabinet Decor - Place the jars randomly into a curio cabinet for bright pops of color. They are sure to be a conversation piece!
- Colorful Bud Vases - Line the glass jars with clear plastic wrap, then fill with water and add your favorite fresh cut flowers. If you prefer, you could use small plastic bags inside the jars to hold the water and keep the water separate from the dried paint. Set the jars on a windowsill and you have a fun and whimsical display!
- Storage Bottles - Use the bottles in a craft room, studio, or office to hold small supplies - pins, paper clips, thumbtacks, or stamps. Since the jars do have dried paint in them, you could coat the inside of the jars - just as they are - with a clear acrylic sealer before using as storage bottles.
What are your creative ideas for using this item? Click one of the social media sharing buttons on this page to share this product, include your creative ideas, and tag us at @thirdshift3 (or hashtag #thirdshiftvintage) so we can read and share your ideas.
More from this collection
RECENTLY VIEWED ITEMS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.